Yema is the Spanish word for “egg yolks,” therefore it should come as no surprise that this confection is also widely popular in Spain. It can be prepared either as pyramid-shaped candies wrapped in colorful cellophane or as Yema balls.
Did you know that Yema is also another type of Pastillas? It is because it is also a milk base soft candy flavored with Langka and Jack fruit.
Here’s how to make Yema Pastillas at home:
- 1 can condensed milk (14 oz)
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon mashed potato (optional)
- 2 tbsp crushed roasted peanuts
- caster(fine) sugar for rolling
- paper or cellophane candy wrappers
1. In a deep pan, under medium heat, pour and mix thoroughly the condensed milk, egg yolks, and mashed potato. Let it boil while stirring continuously.
2. Add butter and peanuts while stirring continuously for 25 minutes until the desired stickiness is achieved. Set aside to cool before wrapping.
3. Scoop a teaspoonful of the mixture and with your clean hands roll it into a cylindrical or round shape to prevent candy mixture from sticking, oil your hands a little.
4. Roll each in caster sugar and wrap in cellophane or paper candy wrapper.
5. Serve as a treat or as a dessert.
Mama Emz Food Products also have a Pastillas in plain flavor. It is one of the famous sweet delicacies here in Isabela. It has a very creamy and sweet flavor that will make you fall in love and addictive to it. Soon this Yema flavored candies will be available here on our website.
Call or message us now for more concerns and orders.
Facebook page www.facebook.com/MamaEmzFoodProducts