Ube is a welcome addition as another Pastillas recipe. Apart from giving it a lovely violet hue, adding Ube imparts a rich taste and texture with almost no fat and Ube has Vitamins A and C and potassium, which have antioxidant properties.
Here’s how to make simple and easy Ube Pastillas at home. Wrap in colorful plastics and creative on shapes. It can even fill it with marshmallows or even combine two flavors of Pastillas.
Ingredients and measurement:
- 1 cup powdered milk
- ½ cup condensed milk
- 2 tbsp Ube Halaya
- 1 tbsp white sugar
- powdered sugar, for coating (optional)
Instructions on how to make Ube Pastillas
- In a mixing bowl, combine the powdered milk, Ube Halaya, sugar, and condensed milk.
- If the mixture is too dry add more condensed milk. If it’s too wet add more powdered milk.
- Mix well until the texture becomes ready for molding.
- Knead the mixture with your clean hands on a flat surface such as a chopping board. (Tip: Spread some powdered milk on the board so that the mixture will not stick to it.)
- Sprinkle some powdered sugar for coating. You can also use regular white sugar instead.
- Get half of the mixture then form it into a long, thin tube. Afterward, slice it into small tubes. Repeat for the other half of the mixture.
- Wrap the pastillas individually in cellophane.
- Serve to your family or sell it for additional income.
- Enjoy your Ube pastillas!
Mama Emz Pastillas is one of the famous sweet delicacies here in Isabela. It has a very creamy and sweet flavor that will make you fall in love and addictive to it. Mama Emz Food Product will soon introduce there new different flavors like this Ube Flavor.